Saturday, November 13, 2010

Don't sweat this Chunky Sweater!!!

I am so happy it is getting colder cause that means my chunky sweaters get to come out of hiding!!! I love to wear natural fibers next to my skin and especially love a really soft wool cowl neck sweater. Get super pumped to bundle up in this trend. I am not sure how I feel about the some of the new oversized sweaters that hit the runway I am however, loving sweater dresses for winter!!!













I think that nothing is sexier than thigh high socks and cute panties and an oversized sweater. I don't suggest wearing that out anywhere but it is such a great hanging around the house look. Sweaters are everywhere in every store you could dream of. A sweater can be worn with basically anything as long as you are aware of your sillouhette. Make sure if your sweater is long and volumous to keep your bottoms simple and clean looking. While volume matched with volume makes for a great editorial shot it really is not practical for everyday wear.

I also am really liking nontraditional colors on sweaters along with all of the awesome stitches that create texture on the sweater. As a knitter I can really appreciate the skill that goes into making a cable knit as well as other stitches.

A chunky sweater worn over a clean fresh button down with a black pencil skirt is mainly my go to for work in the winter. I usually vary the colors and length of each garment. You really cannot go wrong when wearing a chunky sweater. You will look so cozy in an oversized sweater. When you pair cozy with tailor then you get chic!!!

This season I dare you to try out some of the unique sweaters out there.

2 comments:

  1. What really I need to stop wearing my thigh high socks , cute panties and oversized sweater when I go to the market:P

    I do agree chunky sweaters provide many new fashion looks and options while keeping us nice n toasty as well as we enjoy fall/winter

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when it gets even a hit of chilly so I can wear my sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped please leave me a note: