Saturday, November 27, 2010

Last week I heard bells!!


Ok so the reason for my 2 week absence was due to an over the top assignment that was due in my draping class. In April we, my senior class, will have a fashion show. At the end of the show all of us seniors will be showing either a wedding dress or an evening gown. I spent about 80 hours and $400 on mine and I am super proud of it. My dress included the self layer (top outer layer), interlining (for stability I used organza), a boning layer on cotton sateen, and the lining layer (I used Bemberg rayon). On the skirt I used the same layers minus the boning layer I switched it with a tulle and netting petticoat.

My dress is mostly sustainable due to  my using hemp/ silk charmeuse I purchased from dharmatrading.com. The only part not sustainable is the tulle and netting. 

My inspiration for this dress was fall colors as well as using historic surface designs from 13th century England. I really hope you enjoy seeing my work 

2 comments:

  1. Major loves: Racerback, High drama ruffle collar, sustainable materials like silk and hemp! Your hard work really shines through lady!! I went to Parsons, but just for Fashion Marketing and always had the hardest time in only drawing classes! hahaha! I'm so impressed! Following along- do share more :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped please leave me a note: